The routine requires
- sent, from suckless.org, which I also described here.
- record and countdown from my scripts repository.
- shuf, timeout, and basename, which are probably already installed in major distributions or at least available in package managers.
The two applicable routines in the commands file are
- The generic record_rand_topic, accepting
- parameters for audio name and location prefix.
- The topic file. You’ll find a sample list of 365 practice topics in the exec-cmd repository file
- Log file for saving your progress.
- A calling routine table_topic specific to the Toastmasters table topic format.